Welcome to the School of the Word live stream.
Please click on the video player below to start the stream. If you are too early we may not have started broadcasting, try refreshing the page nearer to the start of the session.
The live stream has been tested using a wide variety of different computers and devices and uses specialist software designed to detect your internet connection speed and automatically adjust the quality to keep it working. If you are experiencing problems it is most likely due to issues with your own internet connection or device.
Here are some hints to help you:
- The stream may start playing then appear to freeze for up to one minute. This is the normal “buffering” that you can get with any online video, but unfortunately some devices don’t give any indication that this is happening.
- If you pause the live stream or reload the page whilst it is buffering then you will start the process again.
- If you wait for the computer or device to finish buffering then the live stream should be smooth for the rest of the broadcast and you should be able to enjoy it without any further issues.
If you are still having problems after waiting for the buffering to finish, then you may have an older device or a very slow internet connection. We have created a special low bandwidth version that has blurry video but good sound. Try the low bandwidth version.
- If you are using WiFi try moving closer to the WiFi router
- Ask others in the household to switch off their devices
- Try using another device, e.g. laptop, smartphone, tablet if you have one available
- Try using a different Internet connection, e.g. on your smartphone turn off WiFi and use 3G/4G to see if that helps
- Try restarting your WiFi / Broadband router
- Try using a different web browser, we recommend Google Chrome on desktop/laptop computers
If you are having regular problems or just can’t get it to work, please use our contact page to get in touch. It is very difficult for us to do anything to help during a celebration or event, but we will look into it as soon as possible. We need to know what computer or device you are using, what web browser you are using (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox etc.) and what operating system you are using (Windows, Mac, Android etc.) and how you are connecting to the Internet.